Valley House has served the Maryland community since 1955 when it was established as the first halfway house for male alcoholics in the State of Maryland. It was formed as a non-profit to aid and assist those destitute chronic alcoholics being released from jails and hospitals. The intent was to arrest alcoholism through the use of the principles of sober living, counseling, and rehabilitation. Its sister house, Bridge House, was founded in 1972 to accommodate the increasing requests for services for addiction to drugs and chemical dependence. We are conveniently located in downtown Baltimore, Maryland.
ValleyBridge House is accredited by CARF - the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities - to provide inpatient and outpatient drug and alcohol treatment services. ValleyBridge House was the first inpatient substance abuse treatment facility in the City of Baltimore to receive this prestigious accreditation.